Known for its versatile properties, shea butter has been used for centuries to moisturize both skin and hair, combat aging, and even work as an anti-inflammatory to help reduce redness and swelling. Shea butter is extracted from the nuts of the shea (karite) tree which grows in Africa. With high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins A, D, E, and F, raw shea butter is the ideal beauty ingredient to keep your body healthy and happy! The raw shea butter is a more solid consistency with a nuttier smell, making this product easier to use on dehydrated skin.
Raw Shea Butter Benefits
- With its moisturizing and antioxidant properties, shea butter nourishes the skin and promotes cell regeneration
- Helps boost collagen production and minimizes the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scarring
- Helps soothe skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and sunburn
- Contains an estimated SPF of 3-4 and offers added sun protection
- Moisturizes dry or damaged hair and reduces scalp irritation
How to use Shea Butter
Our raw shea butter is suitable for all types of skin and is easy to use. Just scoop a teaspoon or so of the shea butter onto clean fingers and gently rub it into your hair or skin until it is completely absorbed!
Like with any new skincare product, we suggest performing a patch test by applying a small amount onto the inner arm for 24h prior to your first use.
Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter
Our shea butter is vegan and free from phthalates, sulfate, mineral oil, parabens, and animal testing.
Shea butter is best stored slightly below room temperature, to ensure that it stays solid and easy to spread. Keep away from direct sunlight and heat to maintain the quality.
To help preserve its properties, our shea butter comes in glass containers that are recyclable and reusable!